LSU Advice provides free, independent, confidential and non-judgemental advice for taught students and doctoral researchers at both the Loughborough and London campus. We have a team of 4 specially trained advisors who can support students through difficult times with their studies and advise on both informal and informal ways forward.
We have offices on the 1st floor of the Loughborough Students’ Union building and the 2nd floor of the Loughborough University London building. We provide advice primarily via email but in person, phone and Skype appointments can be arranged as needed.
We can also advise and support Loughborough College students and you can find the College regulations at this link.
We can help you to understand University policies and regulations, to know your rights, to draft any emails or letters required, and where necessary attending meetings with you. Please note, we are not able to advise on student vs student conflicts or Students' Union disciplinaries or complaints.
COVID-19 SERVICE UPDATE: In line with current guidance, the LSU Advice office is currently closed and unable to offer face-to-face meetings or drop-ins. We are still delivering advice, now remotely and currently exclusively via email.
We understand that now more than ever is an uncertain time to be a student. We would be happy to hear from you to see how we can help with any new or ongoing issues you are facing with your studies throughout the Remote Assessment period and into the summer.
You may also find the following pages useful:
- Wellbeing & mental health support - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/cds/wellbeing
- Covid 19 FAQs for Students - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/internal/coronavirus/faqs/students
- Remote assessment - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/internal/coronavirus/remote-assessment
- Learning remotely - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/internal/coronavirus/learning-remotely
- Private housing, renting , finance and international specific enquiries - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/sass
- University accommodation - https://www.lboro.ac.uk/services/accommodation/current-students/covid-19
We provide advice in good faith, based on the information available to us. As such students are advised that when contacting us, that they include/attach all relevant information. Students are responsible for their own decisions based on the advice provided.