What have previous volunteers said?
- It’s always nice to see the penny drop for a child when they master a new sporting skill.
- It’s fun to get off campus and meet new people who enjoy the same kind of things as me.
About the project
The aim of Kids Olympics is to produce a fun, creative and inclusive environment in which a diverse range of young children can express their sporting talents. However, the project does not just focus on sport itself, but the values and beliefs which the Olympics encompass. So, whether you play sport or not this project could be perfect for you!
This project is very flexible, with the possibility to be ran on various days, within term-time. We have built an excellent rapport with several local schools, clubs and organisations. This year we aim to continue to develop these relationships, whilst also collaborating with sections within Loughborough University itself.
Are you interested?
This year we plan to include:
- Various sporting activities, age appropriate e.g. egg and spoon race for young children
- Complement with craft activities e.g. designing Olympic mascots
- And the chance to learn about different countries in relation to the Olympics
We always welcome new ideas from volunteers- so be confident and get involved and we can assure you, you won’t regret it.
This is definitely a great way to meet new people!
For more information please contact the project leaders: Jack and Rishika