As a volunteer Youth Mentor, you will help to engage with the young people aged 11-18 year olds old in your community. It is a great way to do something positive.
What do I get from it?
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Meet new people
- Enjoy new experiences
- Learn something new every session
- Gain valuable training
- Secure practical experience working with young people and the local community.
- Free tea/coffee and biscuits!
What will I be required to do?
- Assist with the running and delivery of our youth club's and activities
- Help the coordinator to get the youth hub ready and help to clean up
- Make sure the young people are safe and following the health and safety rules
- Make sure required record keeping procedures, including reporting verbally to supervisor any concerns are carried out.
- Actively participate in activities and listen to the young people.
Some of the activities currently being led by our volunteers include cooking, crafts, sewing, knitting, help with homework, CV writing, playing table tennis.
We ask for just three hours per week of your time and in return, we provide on-going training and support.
No specific skills required however patience and being a good listener are valuable attributes. All applications will be considered however, the minimum age is 18, to also meet DBS check criteria.