The Peter Le Marchant Trust is a local canal boat charity providing day trips and holidays on the water to a wide range of children and adults who experience health and social issues in their day to day lives. This includes people living with ill health, disabilities and conditions, carers, groups dealing with social issues as well as the elderly and those living in care.
As a volunteer at The Peter Le Marchant Trust you will be helping us to maintain the beautiful surroundings here at our base in Loughborough. This will help to enrich the experience out customers have while on the base.
What do I get from it?
- Become part of a friendly and dedicated team
- Enjoy new experiences
- Learn some new skills
- Gain valuable training
- Secure practical experience working on our base
- Free tea/coffee and biscuits!
What will I be required to do?
- Maintenance of our grounds including painting fences, railings, and our storage facilities.
- Gardening on the grounds during the summer months
- Washing and cleaning our boats
- Involvement in litter picks on and off the water
- Helping out at events (depending on availability)
None specifically but some understanding of general DIY and painting would be great, training will be given where needed.
For more information, please contact Project Leader Carl Eberlein.