Who are we?
LSU Labour Society is a left-wing political society at Loughborough University for members and supporters of the UK Labour Party. Our society is affiliated to and subscribed to the beliefs of the Party.
What’s the Labour Party?
“The Labour Party is a democratic socialist party. It believes that by the strength of our common endeavour we achieve more than we achieve alone, so as to create for each of us the means to realise our true potential and for all of us a community in which power, wealth and opportunity are in the hands of the many, not the few, where the rights we enjoy reflect the duties we owe, and where we live together, freely, in a spirit of solidarity, tolerance and respect.”
- Clause IV of the Labour Party Constitution
The Labour Party works within and outside of Parliament to achieve:
· A dynamic economy that serves the public interest, where services essential to the common good are either owned by the public or accountable to them.
· A just society, which judges its strength by the condition of the weak as much as the strong.
· An open democracy, in which decisions are taken by the communities they affect, and where fundamental human rights are guaranteed.
· A healthy environment, which we protect, enhance, and hold in trust for future generations.
The Labour Party is currently the official opposition in the UK, and is responsible for holding the Conservative government to account.
Why join us?
· We’re a great place to find like-minded students that are interested in left-wing politics.
· We’re a society with a welcoming and inclusive atmosphere that facilitates lively political debate.
· We host a wide range of political and social sessions, as well as trips and guest speaker events with MPs and other Labour figures.
· We offer loads of opportunities to get involved in the party locally and nationally through training sessions, canvassing sessions, and campaigns.
· We’re closely linked to the Loughborough Constituency Labour Party, helping our members to feel at home here.
Chair: Rowan Myall
Vice Chair: Connor Wade
Treasurer: Anna Lownds
Media Rep: Milly Wicks
Get in Touch
Any questions? Get in touch with committee at email@example.com
Check out our social media links on the right too!