Loughborough Scandinavian Society
Velkommen/ Välkommen to the University of Loughborough Scandinavian Society
We’re a very relaxed society celebrating Nordic food, festivals and language. We mostly run casual socials where you can come along and meet new people with a whole range of nationalities. This year you can look forward to socials such as “Meatballs and Vodka Night”, “Great Scandi Bake Off” and our regular pub meets (COVID dependant) as well as a series of great online events.
Our society is made up of British students with Nordic links, ERASMUS students looking to make friends at Loughborough, and anyone with an interest in Scandinavian culture.
Signing up to our society involves absolutely no commitment.
Register your interest and join our Facebook Group for details about upcoming events.
This year membership is FREE!
- Supporting Nordic ERASMUS students with settling into Loughborough and making connections with other students.
- Running socials that incorporate Scandinavian Culture but are really just an excuse to have a great time and meet new people.
- Helping those who are trying to learn a Scandinavian Language
Chair: Carl Coolbear
Social and Treasurer: Euan Metcalfe
Media: Kaspar Rechardt
Sport: Nick Spoor(t)
How to Join:
- Join our Facebook Group (facebook.com/groups/lboroscandi)
- Sign up for a mebership on the LSU website
Please feel free to contact us at: LufbraScandiSociety@gmail.com