Welcome to the LSU Disability Support Network!
The DSN is a student-run association which represents disabled students at Loughborough University.
What is the DSN?
The DSN is here to support and develop the community of students on campus who self-identify as either living with a visible or invisible disability.
The DSN also aims to educate and raise awareness of all disabilities on campus in order to make the university as accessible and inclusive as possible.
Our aims are:
- To address accessibility issues across campus
- To promote and run campaigns to raise awareness of all types of disabilities
- To hold events for disabled students so that they can get involved in all opportunities available at Loughborough
- To provide a safe and confidential environment for disabled students to talk openly about their disability
- To implement the DSN Nightlife Scheme
DSN COMMUNITY WEB:
DSN Sub-community groups
- The DSN has a series of WhatsApp sub-community group chats which allow disabled students to connect with similar people, make friends who truly understand what they are going through and to share advice. The links to the sub-community group chats can be found on the DSN Facebook page.
- There are group chats for people with: Long term health conditions; Specific learning differences; AD(H)D; visual impairment; D(d)eafness and Hard of Hearing; Physical disabilities; Autism Spectrum conditions; Long term mental health conditions.
DSN Mentor Scheme
- The DSN mentor scheme is a new support programme which will launch from the beginning of the 2020/21 academic year. The Scheme aims to give disabled students the opportunity to meet with a trained student volunteer to help with your studies at university. Our mentors use their experience from their previous years of study to share strategies and knowledge to help you cope with your disabilities and chosen subjects at university. This is open to any student regardless of their disability, year of study and what subject they are studying.
- If you are interested in volunteering as a DSN Peer Mentor, or for more information on how to get a mentor, please get in contact by email to either firstname.lastname@example.org or W&DDisabilityOfficer@lsu.co.uk.
Chair: Neve Fields
Vice-Chair: Isaac Finn
Media and Communications Officer: Aryan Johri
Graphics and Illustrations Officer: Jack Quilter
Events Officer: Vedika Bansal
Campaigns Officer: Linara Goonatillake
Training Officer: Maryam Albaghdadi
Education and Careers Officer: Afra Padmore
Education and Careers Officer: Louise Davis
Sports Officer: Alex Hithersay
Sign Language Coordinator: James Crellin
To find out more about the DSN, to keep up to date with our campaigns and events, or to get in contact:
Email: email@example.com or W&DDisabilityOfficer@lsu.co.uk
If you’d like to receive occasional emails from our Disability Support Network about events, news and support then please subscribe here:
If you ever change your mind just drop firstname.lastname@example.org an email and they will remove you from the Association’s email list.